Friday, June 02, 2006

Things for which I'm thankful today

  • The pouring rain
  • A solid roof over my head
  • Electricity
  • Running water
  • A hot shower
  • My pet chameleon
  • Friendly neighbors
  • Hugs from the kids
  • Internet
  • Satellite phone
  • Good books
  • Seeing kids' eyes light up when I walk into their room
  • Snacks from Nairobi
  • Seeing my own basil plant starting to grow!
  • A clean house
  • A care package I received yesterday with children's books
  • Having interns and a team to help out
  • Fresh roses
  • The ability to visit with many kids in English
  • Good health
  • Being able to watch the kids play softball with the team today, and the excitement as they succeeded in learning a new skill
  • Clean water
  • Candles
  • The smell of the damp soil outside my window
  • Great music
  • E-mails from loved ones

No comments:

Post a Comment