Sunday, May 20, 2007

Saturdays

I'm tired and it feels like I have a cold or something coming. No good. I'm going to Kakamega Forest with the Kipkaren management team tomorrow. I don't want to be sick. I think it's from the lack of sleep last night. The youth group from our church in Ilula had an all-night prayer and praise event last night. It's wonderful that they did that. It's just challenging when something like that is within a few steps from your bedroom window.

Today was a productive day. Got lots done, including some gardening, washing my car, as well as showing the rest of Cars to the kids. They had watched half of the movie a couple of weeks ago when the power went out. The kids were a little perplexed at why Lightning McQueen didn't win the race, but other than that, they were their own selves, cheering every time their hero car made a good turn.

It's late. I'm tired. The wind is blowing. I think we'll have more rain tonight. It's been great falling asleep to the sound of rain pounding on my mabati (sheet metal) roof many nights. I wonder what sounds I'll hear in the forest tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment