Monday, May 14, 2007

Crummy Day, sort of

You get those every so often. A blue-ish Monday. Don't you? Mine started fine, albeit early. The photos came out OK, but not as good as I wished due to the fact that it was too dark not to use my tripod. And part of the tripod was in Ilula. Staff meeting went OK. Fine, really. But the enemy tries to slip in and discourage through sly ways. Photos being deleted by accident, causing me to have to spend several more hours on my project I'm working on. The morning photo project just not the way I'd like it. More delays on the house stuff. Silly stuff, really.

A bunch of my coolest girl friends attended the Beth Moore Conference in Omaha this weekend. Various ones let me know how God spoke to them through Philippians 4. Check this out:
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

And so, today, in the midst of silly frustrations, I kept thinking, "Let your gentleness be evident to all... Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, think about such things." Don't dwell on the silly frustrations. They will pass.

I'm heading to my home to work there. I don't want to clean tonight. I spent many hours last night cleaning, but the fundis were there again today and so I am simply not ready to scrub floors again for hours. But then again, when I've made some good progress on my project, I might decide otherwise.

Tobias tells me he'll be all done tomorrow. He says a plumber is coming to fix my shower tomorrow. (Right now, there's a collection of pipes that are hanging from a string attached to the ceiling.) And Raymond, the electrician, will then come and attach an "instant shower," a heating element so I can take warm showers. I really do hope it'll all be done tomorrow. Patrick, the carpenter, tells me my bed will be dry by the morning, then we can move it into the house. As will some of my shelves be, so I wouldn't have to live off piles from the floor. I know the chaos around me is part of my silly mood. I like things clean and orderly, so part of today's mood, I know, is simply because my world lacks order. Right now, at least. Order will once again be restored. And no, I honestly am not a perfectionist.

I did mount my mosquito net this evening, so I don't feed more mozzies tonight. Right now, they're buzzing around me, so I'd better head to the safety of my net. (I just remembered about an article I once wrote for Studio Classroom about mosquitoes... My world in Taiwan couldn't have been more different than it is. OK, unless I lived in Sudan or something. Anyway.)

Signing off. Till tomorrow, or whenever.

Oh, just quickly. This made me smile. As I looked at the Studio Classroom web site, the cover of this month's magazines features collages of photos from years before, seeing that they're celebrating 45 years in the market. The pictures are too small for you to recognize me, but I'm in there. Good memories indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment