Sunday, July 30, 2006

Chrysanthemum

I'm off to read a new book to the kids, one I got in the mail from a friend this week. The book is called Chrysanthemum, and I'm sure the girls will especially enjoy it!

I'm downing a cup of protein shake as I'm writing. Don't get a lot of protein here since I don't each much meat, and some days I really crave protein! I have protein shake and add some of that to soy milk and fresh fruit and blend it with a hand blender. Voila! The best shakes this side of the world, I think.

I've been asked to help transport new kids to the orphanage in Kipkaren tomorrow. I'm leaving home just after 6 am to pick up one colleague, then make the journey out to the other center. I know it will once again be a moving experience, and a life-changing day for those kids. Please pray for them!

Off to read to the kiddos.

I'm back. Here's a picture of the Rutto girls with the book I read to them.
Winsam (second from the left) was especially tickled by the fact that her name was in the book (winsome),
and that she discovered that it meant beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment