Sunday, October 08, 2006

Grrrr

Within the past 24 hours, I have lost my good binoculars, my computer's power cable stopped working, making it impossible to use my own computer, and when I just picked up my iPod, the LCD screen is half blue! It still works, but it's blue. (It has since recovered from its blue state...)

It just seems to be one of those days. Days like these are frustrating, but I won't let it get me down. I am still in Nairobi (needing to go to a government office in the morning for visa purposes) but will find an Apple store tomorrow and have my computer serviced. (I'm still searching for an Apple store in Nairobi to see if I can buy a new power cable tomorrow.) Without my computer, I absolutely cannot do my work! All of my work is on my computer.

Please pray for me for this week, if you will:
  1. to be able to get my computer fixed tomorrow
  2. not to get frustrated by these little things, but keep my eyes on Christ
  3. to be able to use the time without a computer to get tasks done like writing my talk for APU chapel...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adele,

    My name is Julie. I've been following your blog with great interest for a little while and its gotten to the point where I feel like I should introduce myself. I am from the US, but in November I will be moving to Nairobi as a missionary (with a ministry called The Navigators) for two years. I will be ministering primarily to high school girls. I have been keeping a blog during my fundraising process, and plan to continue it as I move out into the field. I aspire to make my blog as interesting, honest, and amusing as yours. Thanks so much for what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    Thanks for introducing yourself and for your kind comments. I am familiar with The Navigators and would love to meet you sometime. Please contact me at adelebooysen at gmail.com so we can plan to connect sometime.

    Adele

    ReplyDelete