Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Time with God

My favorite place in Kenya for a time of refreshing and of listening to God's voice, is Rondo in the Kakamega rain forest.

This weekend, friends invited me along as they wanted to go to the forest. I didn't think twice about accepting the invite. I've had a lot on my mind lately, and was looking forward to the time in the quiet of the forest.


We had a wonderful time. I got up early every morning to watch the forest come to life while reading the Word and enjoying a cup of coffee. It doesn't get any better than that!

God spoke clearly to my heart; I am glad I took the time to listen.

And nature itself spoke loud and clear, too. I saw some incredible birds, we played cards by the fire at night, ate far too much (they serve afternoon tea with cake, but you also get dessert with lunch and dinner!), and I got a lot of my reading for class done, too.

It was completely worth the bumpy ride there and the very muddy and then bumpy ride back. In fact, the terrible roads rarely come to mind when I think of Rondo...

I'll upload more photos tomorrow. Right now, I need to sleep. We have a team here from Oregon, and my day tomorrow will be packed bit more as I spend time with them.
Cinnamon-chested bee-eater


Colobus monkeys

Blue monkey

1 comment:

  1. these are breath taking photos...
    so happy for you to have had this precious time.

    ReplyDelete