Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Some things I discovered today

  • God (still) is good.
  • Our staff are incredibly resilient. I have never been so proud of them! After a community crisis this week, they have pulled together, corrected actions, encouraged one another, and are more committed than ever to follow God's call and seek His vision for our community.
  • Crisis brings people together.
  • Store clerks look at my with very perplexed looks on their faces when a mzungu like me starts asking for "Nubian Pony Tail" hair extensions. (A colleague had asked me to pick some up in town.)
  • Baker's Yard's Vienese loafs come out of the oven at 9 am.
  • It's a good thing I don't live in town, else I might get addicted to the hot loaves of bread.
  • My car's brakes are still not fixed! They jam completely when I park the car and put on the hand brake.
  • I cannot park and not put on the hand brake since the car runs away. Even if it's in gear, yes.
  • When there's dirt in the fuel, it clogs the carburetor.
  • Unclogging it is as simple as removing two valves, sucking the dirt out, and replacing them.
  • (No, I didn't do the cleaning of the valves.)
  • Using plain yoghurt as a substitute for cream in butternut cream soup simply doesn't work as well. But it's not bad, and it's far healthier!
  • Toulouse seems to have had another bleeding incident in my house, possibly another miscarriage. Poor cat!
  • God's Word is (still) so incredibly applicable in this day and age.

I'm heading out for chai and colleagues' homes, and to say hi to the kids. 

I know there's much, much more to discover!

1 comment:

  1. I've found that with discovery brings wisdom. ;)

    ReplyDelete