There's this game in the blog world called tagging. Just like the game you play as a kid, someone tags you which means it's your turn to answer questions. Till today, I've not been tagged. But my friend Jenny at Standing at the Water's Edge tagged me, so here goes:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What I was doing 10 years ago
Let me see. April '98. I was living in Taiwan, working as an editor for Studio Classroom. The year leading up to my 30th birthday (November that year) was a hard one. Lots of life lessons. A time in my life I wouldn't want to go through again. I was probably trying to get ahead on editing so I could leave for a trip to LA. I believe I went to the FOLIO: conference that year for the first time.
Five Snacks I enjoy
1. Ice cream
2. Fresh, home-made fruit smoothies
3. Fresh, home-made cookies
4. Fresh, buttery popcorn
5. Anything made from good chocolate
Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Give at least half the money away
2. Put away money for my nephew and nieces' college education
3. Buy a new car (long story to follow sometime this week)
4. Buy a house somewhere in the world
5. Invest the rest
Five jobs that I have had (most recent first)
2. Cleaning homes
3. College ESL professor
5. High school English teacher
Three of my habits
1. Reading, reading, reading
3. Taking photos
1. Speaking before I think
2. Jumping to conclusions
3. Saying more than is necessary
Five place I have lived
1. South Africa (7 different towns)
2. Taiwan (3 different towns)
3. USA (3 different states; 5 towns)
4. Kenya (2 villages)
5. (I've moved perhaps 30 times in my life, so too many to list individual towns)
Five things not many people know about me
1. My favorite sports to play is squash and field hockey.
2. I used to coach a field hockey team when I taught high school English.
3. I never thought I'd live in the boonies someday.
4. I won't do anything I don't believe in, but if I believe in something, I'd do it for free.
5. I don't play any musical instruments.
Five People I Want to Get to Know Better: (a nice way of saying TAG!)
1. Pamela at Random Safari
2. Laura at Clearly Living
3. Leanne at Team Finke!
4. Susie in the Chalbi Desert
5. Laura at Dairy of Humanity