Sunday, February 17, 2008

Why you *might* not hear much from me the next two weeks

For the past 2 weeks, as I've been away from the unrest around our village, I was able to get my studies done (for the most part) in Nairobi. Today, I'm meeting a fellow APU grad at church, and tomorrow, after hopefully finally getting my work permit - it only took 2 years - I'll be off to Addis for 2 full weeks of classes.

When I was in Ethiopia 2 years ago, the Internet connection wasn't the best. But nevertheless, I'm hoping to post updates from the lobby of the Ghion Hotel, where I'll be staying.

However, if you don't hear from me, know that I probably have lots and lots to tell you, but simply cannot get onto the Internet.

In the meantime, please keep praying for Kenya. The next 2 days are critical in the peace process, and we should know by Tuesday what the verdict is on power sharing, and after that, if the people are happy with what has been decided...

1 comment: