Friday, February 01, 2008

Highlight

I had a very hard day. Was in town for stuff, and managed to pick up Christmas packages that were waiting for me at the wonderful Posta Kenya. Just now, I got time to really look at everything. There were some DVDs from one friend, card games, some table cloths that kids had signed for me. And Christmas cards from 4th graders. Most of them are pretty much the same, "Merry Christmas, Miss Adele." But one was taped close with lots and lots of snowflake stickers.

"Open Christmas!" it said on the outside. I didn't think I'd have to wait till Christmas 2008, so I opened it. There were two dollar bills inside, folded into small squares.

It really made me smile.

Can't make out the boy's name for the life of me. He doesn't have the best penmanship. But he has a sweet heart.

I do appreciate the other gifts, by the way. I'm tempted to watch one of the DVDs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment