Thursday, May 25, 2006

What day is it?

It's been a busy week. I've been working on grading papers for the class I taught in Ethiopia in January. With just more than 100 students in the course and each having four assignments, it's a lot of grading! And after each paper has been graded, I have to send back detailed feedback on items they need to improve on for the final submission of their research.

I just checked. Today, I sent 50 e-mails. Only two of them were brief, personal messages. The rest were all to students in Ethiopia. That means, I have at least another 50 to do. But not tonight . . . I'll just have to type up the feedback tomorrow evening in Nairobi and send the messages from there.

Tonight, I went to all the rooms to tell the kids I'll be in Nairobi the next three days and to ask them, too, to pray for my visa application. All of them asked about my cold and were delighted to know that I'm almost 100% better. "We've been praying for you!" they said. I know they have!

If only their sponsors know how often these kids pray for them, for God to pour out blessing upon their lives!
***
I still have to pack a few things for my journey to the city, then it's off to Dreamland. I fly to Nairobi early in the morning.

Thank you for praying for my visa application.

No comments:

Post a Comment