Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rugby fever

I LOVE watching a good game of rugby. It's what I grew up on, Saturday after Saturday...

And tonight, South Africa is playing England in the finals of the Rugby World Cup. I'm told everyone at home has rugby fever. Some burger joints are selling green burgers this weekend. (Our national team's color is green and gold.) The newspaper was printed in green ink yesterday. A blimp was flying over the N1 (highway connecting Pretoria and Jo'burg) saying "Go Bokke!" (Our national team is the Springboks, or short, the Bokke.)

So there's no way I could not watch the game. My rugby-loving neighbors found out that our one colleague has cable TV, so we're heading out now to watch the game. Fortunately, we don't have to make the trek to town to watch it there. We only have to find Hudson's home, somewhere around Kipkaren... :)

I hope SA creams England!

No comments:

Post a Comment