Friday, September 21, 2007

I. Can't. Breathe.

OK, it's not THAT bad, but it's bad. My cold, that is. It's gotten worse over the past two days. I'm going to go to bed now and see if I can sleep it off. I've gone through the entire stock of Kleenexes I had in Kipkaren. Am now onto the good ol' standby: TP.

I promised the kids in Ilula I'm coming there tomorrow to show them a long overdue movie. And to celebrate August and September birthdays. And October, while we're at it, since I'll be busy in October with teams on this side...

Anyway. I should go to sleep so I can get well and go celebrate birthdays with the kids tomorrow. Cause it's the right thing to do.

4 comments:

  1. take care of yourself Adele and know when you wake up you have been prayed for on this side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adele,

    When I was growing up, my mother would smear my chest with VICKS vaporub--now I buy the generic, cheaper version, and every time I have trouble with my upper respiratory system (cold, flu, cough, sore throat etc.) I smear some vaporub on my chest, throat, and neck, then put something warm on and go to sleep. It soothes and helps me breathe. Try it--it might work! (I pray for you every night--that helps too!) Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adele, I hope you feel better soon! Try and get some real rest! I love Vics vaporub too! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to put Vics on our chests, too. (And under my nose, which I didn't like at all.) I forgot to get some Vics today, but I have Tiger Balm, which smells the same. Will try that tonight. I just got up to go and make a hot drink of fresh lemon and honey to fight the cough. If I'm not better by tomorrow, I'm going to start taking Augmentin.

    Thanks for caring. :)

    ReplyDelete