Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nairobi

I'm in Nairobi. One of the things I look forward to when I'm here is to see a movie. But the only movies showing in the city right now is stuff like The Simpsons, Harry Potter, and Die Hard. Not worth the time and money, I think.

Got a haircut, at least. And got some work done, a bit of Nairobi shopping done (got "essentials" you can't get in Eldoret, like nacho chips), and had some work meetings.

Tomorrow and Friday, I need to take the day to do some planning for the next few months, working on goals for ministry in Kipkaren. Then meet two interns who are coming in from Cedar Rapids, and take them back to Kipkaren.

Nothing else exciting happening on this side. Not right now, at least.

C'est la vie en Afrique. Oh, yeah, the most fun I had while driving around the city today was to listen to French radio and to see how much of the news I was able to follow. Which wasn't a whole lot, by the way. Will learn some more French during my upcoming trip to the D.R. Congo.

2 comments:

  1. Nacho chips are essential, let's be clear! :D Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about Die Hard but you can never go wrong with The Simpsons and Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete