Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sniff

I have a cold. I don't know why it's called a common cold, because there's nothing common to how I feel. In fact, I feel totally out of sorts. It's not even 10 pm yet, and I'm going to sleep. That's very unlike me. It's at least four hours earlier than my usual bedtime. I'm not setting my alarm, though, even without an alarm, and even with going to bed well after midnight, I usually wake up at 6:30.

I wish I were a morning person. I wish it were easy for me to get up at 5... I'd love to do that every day and spend the most beautiful part of the day at Jesus' feet. I read a random quote today, "If you want what no-one has, you have to be willing to do what no-one is willing to do." Random in a way, but it got me thinking about a conversation I had with a guest today. If I want a radical walk with Christ and mountain-moving faith, am I living sacrificially? Changing my natural routine from night-time reading/writing/working/watching movies to going to bed early and waking up early would require sacrifice. And discipline.

I wonder how much of either I have in me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment