Saturday, December 31, 2005

View through my bedroom window


View through my bedroom window
Originally uploaded by Boyznberry.
After getting back to Eldoret yesterday, I couldn't wait to go and greet the children and staff. After handing out chocolates and lots of hugs and being told over and over by the kids, "We missed you, Adele" I headed over to see the progress to my house/hut.

The bricks were made on site, and the outside of house will remain as is, rough bricks. The inside will be plastered (cemented) over and painted.

The wooden barrier the construction worker is holding on to is called a "lindo." It is merely a binding between the roof and the walls. It is filled with cement and when the cement is dry, they will remove the wooden boxes and build about another four rows of bricks on top of that, then put in the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment