Friday, November 18, 2005

Second stop: Taipei

I'm sitting in my friend Nina's living room with Xiao Bai, her Java rice sparrow, poised on my forearm as I'm typing. It's good to be back in Taipei. I've been up since about 5 a.m. thanks to jet lag. Not too bad, considering the 14-hour time difference.

I had a truly blessed time yesterday, connecting with friends. Had lunch with the ORTV art department right after getting back from the airport, then spent the rest of the afternoon with Debryn and Barbara, two of my dearest friends on this side of the world. After spending much time at Starbucks, we went to the hair salon we used to frequent when we all lived in Taipei for a good massage. Ah!

After stopping by to see the Platells, (Aussie friends from church), I headed to Gateway, our church office, to do a presentation to a small group of friends. I was a bit tired, but it wasn't too bad. It was a joy to share about the journey, show photos of where I'll be heading, and have my friends pray with me. And it was pure bliss to head home to Nina's apartment to sleeeeeep.

Today, I'll be going to ORTV to visit and have lunch with staff from the English Department. I also have appointments to see a couple of other friends, after which Nina and I will go out for dinner. (Food/dining is of major importance in Chinese culture! There are far more restaurants here than in any average American town.)

Tomorrow's it's back to the airport and off to Johannesburg.

Praise
  • I'm not having much jet lag at all
  • Meaningful times with friends
  • The hut is now FULLY FUNDED!
  • The funding for a vehicle is growing...
  • Safe travels and the blessing of even having the only open seat in economy class next to me on the long flight from LA to Taipei, allowing me to sleep better
Prayer
  • Continued safety and health in traveling
  • God connections with individuals along the way and an open ear to sense God's heart
  • The rest of the funding for a vehicle