Thursday, November 24, 2005

I'm in Kenya

Dorothy, a coworker from ELI, met me at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport after a 4-hour flight from Johannesburg. I was blessed to sit by the window and see Africa from high in the sky. Seeing Lake Malawi was especially beautiful. Unfortunately, I sat on the wrong side and couldn't see Mt. Kilimanjaro, but we did indeed fly by the mountain. Descending into Nairobi, we flew over Nairobi National Park and I smiled at the sight of herd of antelope down below.

Dorothy and I are staying at the "Mayfield Guesthouse," a guesthouse run by Africa Inland Mission. Seeing that it's Thanksgiving, I kept thinking we're staying in the Mayflower. ;)

Before we headed out for a walk to this Internet cafe (called "Cyba!"), we had to have chai (tea.) It was 4 pm, and Dorothy explained that stopping for afternoon tea is optional, whereas 10am tea time is essential. Good to know.

It's good to be here. We're leaving for Wilson Domestic Airport at 6 am for the hour-or-so flight to Eldoret. I'm more than eager to stay in one place for a while.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am thankful for each of you who is walking this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment