Monday, November 21, 2005

At Home

Today is my father's 65th birthday. It's neat to be able to be here with them to celebrate this day. I landed yesterday morning just after 6. Visited with my family (I'm at my sister Liesl's house, my parents also flew up here for a few days) and then, in the early afternoon we left for a local stone chapel where we had a beautiful service for Anja's christening. I'll post a photo later today since I'm on a slow dial-up connection... Went to bed early. Clara, my 5-year-old niece and goddaughter, came to sleep with me. Not the best way to fight jetlag, but I don't mind. It's a rare chance I get to visit.

It's summer in South Africa and I couldn't have wished for better weather. We've been having almost all our meals outside on the patio. It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment