Monday, April 17, 2006

Early morning walk

This morning, Amy Rogers and I went for an early-morning walk. It really wasn't that early, but since I'm still trying to get over jet lag, 6:45 felt too early. It was good, nevertheless, and something I'd like to keep doing.

We walked directly south for about 30 minutes, passing farmers working in their fields, kids playing (it's Easter break), some cattle, even a jogger. (OK, we didn't pass her, but our paths crossed. Due to the elevation of 7,000 ft, this area is very popular for runners.)

It was incredible to be out so early, to appreciate the freshness of everything around. Birds were chirping, and the trees and fields were various shades of vibrant green. With the rains having started, everything's growing beautifully. The corn is about a foot heigh.

It's hard to believe that it has taken me several months before getting back into my morning walking routine. Of course my shoes were caked with mud when I came home--one of the joys of walking on muddy roads during the rainy season.

When I walk again tomorrow, I'll be sure to take some photos so you can join the walk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment