Saturday, November 03, 2007

Styx

My first Friday night in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, my new friends Danette and Nan invited me out. We went to Applebee's, had Thai chicken salad, laughed our heads off at silly conversations to the point that our neighbors truly said, "We want what they're having!"

Then we went to Java Creek for coffee and live jazz (which, sadly, was terrible), and when they found out I had no clue who Styx was, we went to Danette's car and listened to Lady at top volume. It was so much fun!

I'm sitting her doing me-stuff on my computer and have Styx going. Just for fun.

It brought back good memories of great friends. Friends who are both coming to Kenya in 16 days!

Can you tell I'm excited?

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm singing Lady, although not at the top of my lungs, since I don't have any music to go along with it! I love Styx! I'm also getting caught up on your posts, all the way back to the end of October. I wish we could spend more time together!

    ReplyDelete