Saturday, November 19, 2005

Singapore Layover

It's just before 10pm on this side of the world. I just landed in Singapore after a flight of just more than 4 hours from Taipei.

Highlights of my flight:
  • Seeing the Taiwanese mountains sticking out above the clouds. It was a really beautiful sight.
  • Flying in over Malaysia and seeing the city/nation of Singapore. It is a VERY crowded area, and all I could think was how very, very different it is from where I'll be in a week...
  • Knowing that I'm one flight closer to seeing my family. I depart from Singapore in 5 hours again, at 2-something a.m. and land in Jo'burg at 6 a.m. (It's a 10-hour flight and I look forward to sleeping!) After arriving and visiting a bit, it's my new niece/goddaughter Anja's baptism.
I had forgotten that the luggage limit from Taiwan to SA is just 20 kg. I had two bags of 30 kg each plus heavy, heavy carry-ons. Thanks to this being part of an onward journey from the US, the lady at check-in didn't balk at all at the weight. YEAH GOD!

I'm going to walk around the airport for a while. This airport has received the award several times as the best airport in the world. It feels more like you're in a mall with beautiful orchids, palm trees etc (real ones) growing all over. It's VERY humid here, even inside the airport. Can only imagine how it's feeling outside right now...

Keep in touch,
Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment