Sunday, June 11, 2006

Today, I got a car!


Praising God for the car
Originally uploaded by Boyznberry.
In a series of events that only God could orchestrate, I became the proud owner today of a Land Rover 110. It's a bulky vehicle, but it handles the roads here at Ilula (and the terrible road from Nairobi) wonderfully!

I keep thinking, "God, is this real?" It is indeed!

As I drove into the compound, the kids cam running! They all wanted to hug me and congratulate me on getting a car. And then they gathered to praise God for providing us with this vehicle.

I say "us," because the vehicle basically automatically becomes the property of Empowering Lives. The ministry as a whole will certainly benefit from having at least one vehicle that can handle the mud roads well!

I'll write about the crazy events that lead up to me being able to drive from Nairobi today with the certain knowledge that God is so in control and that he takes good care of us! More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment