Monday, January 21, 2008

Uncertainty

I don't like uncertainty. Who does, anyway? Of course life always holds some level of uncertainty. But this state I'm currently living in - Will I go back to Kenya this week? Are things well enough for me to go? Would it truly be more of a burden for them to have another person there to be responsible for? Would I not be able to pray more effectively when I'm there, in my community? is frustrating.

Friends ask, "Can you join us at such-and-such a time for this-or-that?" Perhaps. If I'm here.

I've made a deliberate choice not to live in a constant state of wishing I was somewhere else. I'm loving the time with family. But I'm not supposed to be here. I am supposed to be in Kenya. I know that. Despite the news that's coming from the country.

Please pray that the doors will open for me to return to Kipkaren this wek!

4 comments:

  1. Adele,

    I hear your frustration. But know that God orchestrates all our comings and goings, and He let you go home, so cool your jets Sister!

    I was just thinking last night that I am glad you were not alone in your little house during the uprising. Those young warrior-wannabes know where you live, and that you *are* living there by yourself. Maybe He's protecting his precious Sister by keeping you anxious but safe in South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adele - We continue to keep you and all the people of Kenya in our prayers. We pray for peace and comfort for all. God Bless ~melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adele! Keep meditating on Ephesians 4! I know God will use this time to prepare you for what He wants to do through you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annamaria, please send me a link to your blog someday. I'd love to see who you are! :)

    ReplyDelete