Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Inspirational? Life-changing!

I love movies that are based on true stories, especially stories of people who are willing to work hard for what they believe in. Or stories of people who were willing to go against the flow because it was the right thing to do. Regardless of what others said.

Stories like Rudy. (Watching that movie tonight totally choked me up!) And like Braveheart, Ghandi, Luther, Schindler's List. Even movies like The Sound of Music, Yentl, or Fiddler on the Roof.

Stories like these inspire me to stand for what I believe in, to be a better person.

Interestingly, most of my favorite movies are about people who truly were willing to go against what the culture and their community expected or demanded.

It's about being counter-cultural. Like my greatest role model was.

I like that. That's real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment