Thursday, March 15, 2007

The back seat of a police car is hard.

I know, I know. I've been having bizarre experiences. First, there was the gun incident. If that wasn't crazy enough, I had a brush with the police again last Friday.

Here's the deal: While spending time at a local coffee shop waiting to meet with a family from church, I heard an announcement over the PA system. "Would the owner of a red Chevy Cavalier please step up to the counter." That'd be me. The clerk informed me that someone had just hit the rear bumper of my car. They got out, looked at their bumper for damage, and took off. The eye witness took down their plate number.

I couldn't reach the owner of the car, so I finally did what you're supposed to do with a hit and run. I called the police.

When they came to take the report, it started raining, so the officer told me to get into the back of the car. That's why I now know that the back seat of a cop car is hard. As in fiberglass hard. I guess it's for easy cleanup. Or so angry people can't destroy the upholstery. I'm not sure. I didn't hang around to visit with the officer.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of what people in the coffee shop were thinking. "Check it out! The missionary's being arrested!" What makes it worse is that I've not blogged since then, so anyone that saw the "arrest" and may have checked my blog must think for sure that I've been in jail. :) Not really, but it's a funny thought.

I wasn't going to blog about the experience until I could reach the owner of the car, which took a while. He says there was already a dent in the bumper, so he's not worried about it. Phew!

So, that's it. Nothing drastic. No run-in with the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment