Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hanging out with friends


Lunch break
Originally uploaded by Boyznberry.
My dear friend Mary gave me a call the other day. "Do you want to take a break and go watch the eagles?" she asked me.

We drove to a spot in town where there were innumerable bald eagles. I braved the cold to go and snap a few pictures.

After that, we drove to Mary's fiance, Weir's home to watch the birds in his yard. Weir's a bird expert and used to own the local wildlife goods store. In his yard, there are perhaps 20
bird feeders! As we drove up, wild turkeys ran into the woods behind the house. There were juncos feeding on the ground, downy woodpeckers hanging out on the feeders, and the trees were dotted red with perhaps 50 or more cardinals! There were also a number of other little birds which I cannot remember the names for right now. Will have to ask Weir what they are!

Click on the cardinals to see pictures of the eagles and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment