Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ouch!

This morning, I had a little incident with the bread knife. The knife won.

The top of the bread was hard (though it was a fresh loaf) so when I cut it, I cut really hard. The knife slipped and I cut a deep gash into my left pointer finger. Yikes!

Fortunately, Kristin was at my house doing e-mail, and she put a Band-Aid on. When it wouldn’t stop bleeding after an hour, I called Juli (nurse) and she suggested that I go see the doctor... So I drove to the doctor’s office and waited an hour to see him. He cleaned the wound and said that though it’s a really deep cut, it’s not long enough to warrant stitches. So now I just have a really tight Band-Aid around my finger. Glad I didn’t need stitches. Nor a shot. Phew!

Much later: The wound was still bleeding hours later, so I've had to put gauze and tape around my finger tip. My finger looks like that of a mummy. It makes for quite an experience typing! I've still been able to get my work e-mail down from 44 to 21, and am determined to clean out my inbox tomorrow as well as make a dent in my to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment