Sunday, December 25, 2005

Summer Christmas


Summer Christmas
Originally uploaded by Boyznberry.
After the team from Iowa left Kenya, I flew to South Africa to spend Christmas with my family. I spent the first 5 days at my parents' house in Jeffreys Bay, and on Thursday I flew back to Gauteng Province to spend Christmas at my sister Liesl's house.

We have a summer Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere, so our summer break and Christmas break is always one and the same thing. The temperatures in Pretoria today were in the 90s, and Clara and I took advantage of the opportunity to swim. Tomorrow, after our outdoors Christmas lunch, we'll most likely be swimming again.

I've already started packing again, getting ready for my journey back to Kenya. I'll be flying out early on Wednesday and though I'm having a wonderful time with my family, I am looking forward to being back in Eldoret.

No comments:

Post a Comment