Friday, July 15, 2011

So, I quit Facebook

I have really liked Facebook. It's been a fun way to reconnect with old friends, but especially a good way to stay in touch with my friends and family who are scattered all over the globe. After all, having lived in as many places (30-some homes on 3 continents) as I have, it's never easy to keep in touch with friends.

In that sense, Facebook was great. But I've found that I can easily turn to Facebook when I want to take a quick study break, only to discover 30 minutes later (or longer) that my quick break hasn't been that quick, and that my thoughts have been completely interrupted.

So, I'm bidding Facebook a fond farewell.

Seeing that some people might be curious as to whether I've gotten my dream job or where in the world I end up next, whether my dissertation's complete etc., I will be more diligent again with keeping this blog up to date. Or such is the plan, at least.

I'm sure I'll miss the glimpse into the lives of my friends. Hopefully those who truly want to keep in touch will still do so in the more old-fashioned ways.

Adieu, Facebook! G'day, better time management... Our re-acquaintance is way overdue.




If you're an occasional follower of this blog, the easiest way to know when I've posted an update is to add a (free) subscription to Google Reader, or whichever RSS feader/system you prefer. As a gmail user, I just think most of Google's tools are pretty convenient and super easy to use.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adele, I guess old fashion these days is e-mail right? Well, good luck on your Facebook fast.

    ReplyDelete