I will miss . . .
- friends who have crept into my heart, some over the course of the year, some just in the last few months
- some Indonesian foods, like beef rendang and chicken sate
- being close to some pretty amazing sites to explore on weekends
- cheap taxi rides
- working with little ones and introducing them to the amazing world of reading, writing and arithmetic... I especially love seeing the light in their eyes when they understand concepts for the first time
- having to take taxis to get around. Though convenient and affordable, I'm far too independent to be dependent on strangers to drive me places
- teaching preschool. It's been a season through which I have learned much and for which I am thankful. But I won't miss being a preschool teacher. It's what I did, not who I am
- Jakarta (neither the traffic, nor the heat, nor the crowdedness, nor life in general here)
Now, what are some things I'm especially excited about for the next season...