Thursday, February 07, 2008

Random thoughts

I haven't been blogging much lately. I didn't want to offend anyone while I was in the village, since our ministry serves people from all groups, and I know that there are some individuals in Kenya who do in fact read my blog.

But the past few days, I've thought much about what indeed is happening. I've listened to wise people talk about the issues, saying, among many, many things, that the Kenyan church has failed drastically. I've prayed and sensed God say, "What Kenya needs is a revival, not just peace."

And though it might be a very strange thing to do at this stage, I've watched, Shooting Dogs, a movie about the genocide in Rwanda. Some colleagues told me I absolutely had to see it. It's not the best movie to see right now. There's so much I can relate to. But there's so much I hope I never understand, even after having been to Rwanda and the genocide museum. What I do know is that man is capable of much evil.

2 comments:

  1. A Word to the Nation:

    You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. (1 Corinthians 10:21)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Adele.

    ReplyDelete