Friday, March 24, 2006

Edickson


Edickson
Originally uploaded by Boyznberry.
Meet Edickson. When he came to us almost two years ago, this young boy was painfully shy. But now, he's just as full of life as his other little brothers.

Over his left shoulder you can see a kid with his thumb in his mouth. That's our youngest orphan: Calvin. These two are best buddies and dig in the dirt for hours!

A few weekends ago, I went to the East wing, where they live, and sat on the floor with the litttles ones. They were fascinated with my cell phone and my watch in a way that only 4-year-olds can be... They speak hardly any English, just like I still speak hardly any Swahili, but both of them crawled onto my lap and we visited for close to an hour.

To me, that's one of many things I love about sharing Christ with these little ones: simply sitting and visiting with them so they feel valued.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adele,

    I was looking at the pictures of the girls. Why do they have their heads shaved? I'm praying for you.

    Meghan

    ReplyDelete