Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hump Day

It's been a very, very long day. Or so it feels. My day started at 5 and hasn't slowed down much. Now, it's 11 pm. Today and yesterday, individuals arrived for an ELI journey to Sudan. Other than making sure everything's in place for the guests, I worked on a blog for ELI. Had some technical challenges (I'm still learning!), but thanks to the guidance of a good friend in California (Amu, who was on one of my Mozambique teams), the blog's ready for me to post updates for the Sudan team.

Not a lot of progress was made on the house today. The mosquito screens are up. There was a leak in the toilet that has been fixed. The kitchen shelves will be built tomorrow. I'm told that everything will be finished tomorrow. Please pray that it does indeed happen.

One highlight I'm looking forward to tomorrow is to have tea at Mama Chiri's house. She's the lady who does my laundry twice a week. She lives down the road in a mud hut with no electricity and no running water. And she has a heart of gold and a smile that speaks of her love for Jesus. I'll go and have chai at her house and pray with her.

And then I'll go and read stories to the children again. Having had visitors, I've not gone to tuck in the kids this week or read to them. I had a long visit with one of the guests today about projects that I can start in my garden which the children can be involved in in order to train them to take care of God's creation. I'll share about that as things start to solidify more.

But for now, it's time to head to Dreamland.

Lala salama.

No comments:

Post a Comment