Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Announcing the birth of my goddaughter, Anja Barnardt

At 6:30 p.m. (South African time, our 11:30 a.m) on Monday, August 15, God blessed our family with a new addition: Anja Barnardt (5 lbs 4 oz/2.45 kg) was born after a very long day of labor to my younger sister, Liesl and her husband, Stefan. Anja's Apgar score is 9, and both mother and daughter are doing well.

This is Liesl and Stefan's second girl. Clara (5) is excited to go and see her little sister at the hospital tomorrow morning. I am godmother to both Clara and Anja. Liesl and I are 3 years apart and have always been very close friends. It's tough being this far from home during a time such as this, but I am thoroughly looking forward to meeting Anja in December, when I'll be in Africa for a missions trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment